Stupid commercial: Craftsman Tools

1. Brandon says:

They’re not the official tools of bowling because they make the ball return too powerful. Not the official tools of gymnastics because it hopped up the springboard way too much. The one I don’t understand is the “not the official tools of rowing.” The boat just falls apart.

EXACTLY. I understood the one with bowling, and gymnastice, because it seemed like Craftsman tools made things too powerfull for what the sport needs (Whereas in NASCAR, they need all the power they can get) but the one about the rowing contest made no sence to me because now it is contradicting what they stated in the other 2 commercials. Now, if in the rowing commercial, the boat had gone too fast, it would have made more sence, however since there are no mechanical parts on a rowboat that could cause too much power, it was easier to just have a problem in this one.

Well, perhaps the too much power was in tightening the bolts that hold the oars in place on the rowing commercial. I guess their torque wrenches don’t work.

Personally, I think they’re all dumb. Where’d all those bowling balls come from? The returns don’t store them. And the gymnastics is implying that they can strengthen springs, but the bolts all fall out when it expands?

Gimme a break… they’re just all lousy commercials that are supposed to be funny but lack in message.

4. Tom says:

When I saw these commercials, I understood that if bowling, gymnastics and rowing used craftsman tools, everything would work correctly.

I think the problem here is that nobody really knows what the message is. The other commenters saw something different than I did, and you saw something different yet. A good marketing message means the same thing to a majority of viewers. These are just lousy.

The commercials are meant to pass the message that if these events had craftsman tools involved with their sport then the things that broke would have worked perfectly fine.

I agree with the previous poster, they would work correctly. Also the bowling one is the best of the three commercials

8. Mike D. says:

When I can take a Stanley wrench, ratchet or other hand tool to the store where I bought it and get a replacement, I’ll consider buying them.

Mike D,

I don’t know where you’re thinking of, but we replace Stanley tools at our store that are covered under the lifetime warranty.

10. Brian says:

Stanley over Craftsman?

I mean, they’re not bad tools, by any means, but, they’re Asian, they’re not anywhere near as easy to warranty as Craftsman, they’re not any cheaper than Craftsman.

For the price, warranty and quality, it’s impossible to beat Craftsman.

You would think they would know there are more than 3 lugnuts on a wheel