Li-Ion Tool Sales History – Canada

1. Matthew says:

Quote: What happened then is America gobbled up all the available product for about the first 8 months, which meant Milwaukee Canada simply had no units available for the northern distributors.

Have you (Brian) seen similar sales ratios between brands or is that “gobbling” for the US market meant that there are different ratios?

I was starting to get a full post ready on this, but I’ll answer your question. We sold a TON of V28 before anyone else launched Li-Ion. Now, it’s all pretty even. We sell anything lithium on a pretty consistent basis, from the 10.8’s to the 36’s.

I really wonder if being in a retail environment has made for the odd results for Chris. Since people can’t pick the tools up when shopping online to decide if they want that much weight, I think online is probably a better fit for these big voltage tools anyway. Of course, there are other metrics we could look at, but I don’t have the time at the moment to research that.

3. KMS Chris says:

Well, being retail definetly should make it different for us because customers come right up to them and can touch, feel and compare them up close.

If milwaukee 28v came here when they promised, I would bet their sales would have been very good also and they would of gotten alot of the market share.

I know alot of canadian customers ended up going south to the States to pick up the V28 items.

4. hambo says:

Any word on when the BTP140 will ship? This seems like the best Li-ion drill yet.

Unsure where to post this question. Pardon if it’s misplaced: Does anyone know what’s going on with that black and white colored Makita 18V Li-ion Compact Drill Model BDF452HW?

It’s identical to the LXT BDF451 save for the battery is half height. But whats with the black and white? I really like the colors. I just don’t understand the significance. Any thoughts? Thank you.

The black and white has one purpose – to differentiate their “Pricepoint” tools from their “Professional” line. The white drill comes with 1.5 AH batteries instead of 3 AH batteries, but for $100 less it’ll sell.

There is also a white impact which is 14.4V instead of 18V, and there will be more coming out as they expand the line.