My New Favorite Tool

1. Matthew says:

This comment is a little off topic to the post but anyway…
    Who, off the new LI manufacturers, will offer a cordless, LI, nailer or stapler the first? And which off them will offer them whenever?

I have not heard of anyone that is releasing one soon. It seems they like to keep the release dates and upcoming plans a secret. Of course, Milwaukee keeps talking about a V28 Jobsite Microwave, so that’s not going to be a secret when it finally launches.

I guess you’ll just have to watch for press releases. My bet would be DeWALT, since they’re the only one with a Ni-Cad nailer that really works well at this time. I just don’t have any information as to when.

found on the makita uk site under 18v cordless

4. KMS Chris says:

well, right now in Japan makita has a 23 gauge Li-ion pin nailer. It’s supposed to be coming to north america soon. as for the 18gauge? not sure. havent seen anything yet, other than that black and decker model that is currently out there(ni-cad).

The technology is outthere, its just a matter of making it pretty good, while keep the cost reasonalbe.

5. KMS Chris says:

oh yeah, just a little fun fact if didnt see my other post.

we tested this guy out, 2-1/2″ deck screws into hemlock wood.

got a staggering 170 screws driven in. thats ALOT. i was figuring it would be around 120-130, but it just kept going and going. around 150 i was hoping it would die cause man i was starting to get tired.

when i get more time, i think i will take some of our other drills (bosch, dewalt, etc) and do simliar tests with them so i can see first hand what they do.

Do you know when the BDF440 is going to be on sale in the USA? This sounds like it is the kind of cordless drill I have been looking for.

If it won’t be on sale in the USA soon, is it already on sale in Canada?

7. TGM says:

Just picked up this drill, and I like it alot. Picked it up in Toronto, Canada here:

Battery is great, very light, good charger, led is helpful, and very well built (made in Japan).

Cant turn off led, and I felt the forward and reverse button is a little too wide, seemed to stick out too much.

Now as for power, well it can easily drive 5/16″ Hex 1″ self-tapping screws through 1/4″ steel angle. With enough left to break the head off the screw.