As you can see in the picture to the left, we had our cabinet at our ISP pretty well full. In fact, there were 2 switches and a T-1 router on the back of that yet that you couldn’t see in the picture, and we had one device pulled for maintenance. Since our customers haven’t shown any sign of wanting to use our site less, and we’re constantly finding new customers, we knew it was only a matter of time before the space we were using wasn’t adequate. We want to stay ahead of the curve and make sure our users are getting the best experience possible, so we have made a move across town.
To the right, you can see our equipment at our new datacenter – some upgraded, some new, and all ready to serve you. We’ve got 4 more machines to install yet, but we have nothing left at the old facility.
If you spot any problems, let us know. We had a few minor hiccups along the way, but everything should be back to business as usual now and no orders were lost in the process. That was goal #1, and it was achieved. We now have well over three times as much space available, so we can continue to add machines to keep up with the traffic spikes during peak periods and keep the best website experience available to our amazing customers.