Cool Tools With Cool Tech: Milwaukee’s One-Key FAQ
Milwaukee continues to roll out its One-Key Application, but many users still have questions about its capabilities and how exactly the app is supposed to be used. The web staff here from Toolbarn.com have a list of some frequently asked questions that users may run into.
What is ONE-KEY™?
– ONE-KEY™ is The First Digital Platform for Tools and Equipment enabling you to manage your
inventory, control wireless tools and report performance.
What devices does the mobile app work on?
– ONE-KEY™ is supported on the most current Android and iOS smart phones. See the list here.
Does ONE-KEY™ Cost anything?
– No, ONE-KEY™ software is free to download and use.
Is this available on tablet as well?
– ONE-KEY™ is not optimized or supported for tablets. However you can still download the mobile
app and/or access your inventory on the web using a tablet.
Do I need to download a computer application to access ONE-KEY™ on the web?
– No, because ONE-KEY™ is a web application housed in the cloud, you can access your inventory
from any Wi-Fi or cellular connected device.
What can I track in my ONE-KEY™ app?
– Using the ONE-KEY™ Inventory Management application, you can log any tools and equipment
in your inventory on your desktop or mobile device.
Where can I find the Excel template to batch-upload my tools?
– Click, “Add Item” button in your inventory dashboard and then the “Upload” tab and then
download the Excel template under step one.
Do I need cellular or wireless connection to sync with the cloud?
– Yes, your inventory in the cloud is dependent upon a cellular or wireless connection. Therefore
in order to sync your inventory on your mobile device with the inventory on your desktop, you
need to have a cellular or wireless connection.
When will ONE-KEY™ Enabled Tools be available?
– ONE-KEY™ Enabled Crimpers will be available in October and Drills, Impacts and Wrenches will
be available in the first quarter of 2016.
What do I do if I have more questions about ONE-KEY™?
– If you have further questions on ONE-KEY™ please call our call center at, 1-800-SAWDUST or
contact us at MilwaukeeTool.com/Contact.
Is there any privacy guidelines?
Where is all of my personal information kept?
– All Milwaukee® and ONE-KEY™ accounts are housed on an internal server housed at a
protected, private location.
What are you doing with my data? And what kind of privacy rights do I have?
– Milwaukee® will not use any user data for any re-marketing or sales purposes. At any time, you
can have the personal information you entered into our system modified or erased by calling 1-
800-SAWDUST and speaking with a customer service representative. More information on the
How do I add a tool to my inventory?
– To add a tool to your inventory, on a mobile device click the “+” sign in the upper right hand
corner of the app. If you’d like to add a Milwaukee Tool, type in the model number and add the
SKU that you would like to enter. If you’d like to enter a non-Milwaukee Tool, then add or select
the manufacturer and fill in the fields accordingly.
– To add a tool to your inventory on the web application, click “Add Item” in the upper right hand
portion of the screen. If you’d like to add a Milwaukee Tool, type the model number in and
select the SKU that you’ve entered. If you would like to add a non-Milwaukee Tool, add or select
your manufacturer and then enter your tool in.