Toolbarn’s Tool Spotlight: 18V Cordless 4-1/2″ Cutoff/Angle Grinder Kit
Hello again! Welcome back to another edition of Toolbarn’s Tool Spotlight brought to you from all the web staff from Toolbarn. This weekly feature takes a look at a popular selling tool on the website and looks at its value and what it has to offer. This week, we take a look at Makita’s 18 Volt 4-1/2” Cutoff/Angle Grinder Kit. Let’s take a closer look.
The Kit’s Contents
This combo kit is perfect for those who need to either cutoff or grind an object in close quarters. The combo kit comes with one 4-1/2” cordless angle grinder, one cutoff wheel, one rapid charge and one lithium ion battery pack. The grinder itself is compact and lightweight…weighing just 5.5 pounds and is a little less than 15” long. The grinder also has a rubberized soft grip that increases comfort while the bevel gear provides smoother rotations.
Also, the soft start suppresses start-up reaction, helping ease control. The soft start also helps with longer gear life, smoother operation and more efficient transfer of energy.
The grinder can be used for a variety of jobs and cut through or grind a number of objects. Angle grinders can be used to cut rebar, tiles, sharpen blades, grind mortar and other similar jobs. Angle grinders can be used to remove excess material and is widely used in metal working and other construction jobs. Grinders are mostly used in heavy duty jobs, but can be used for smaller jobs as well.
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauge indicates battery charge level
- Slide switch with lock-on for operator convenience
- Efficient internal cooling is engineered for optimum performance
- Wire mesh intake covers are engineered to prevent debris from entering motor
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
DISPLAY SKU – XAG03M1
UPC / ISBN – 88381801058
PRODUCT WEIGHT (LBS.) – 5.50 Pounds
MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY – 1 Year
RETURN POLICY – 30 Days
Capacity (Steel): 3/8 Inch
Capacity (Wood): 1 Inch
No Load Speed: 0 – 1,800 RPM
Length: 12-3/8 Inches
PACKAGE TYPE Kit – Battery(s) & Charger
POWER SOURCE – Cordless
Many metalworkers and other construction professionals use angle grinders for a variety of tasks on the jobsite as well as at home. Makita’s 18 Volt Cordless 4-1/2” Cutoff/Angle Grinder Kit is $169 and is available from Toolbarn here!
Thanks for reading and keep an eye out for other tool profiles from all the web staff here from Toolbarn.com.